Terms of image use
For commercial use please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All images are Creative Commons, non-commercial (explanations to follow).
You can (and should!) use the images, for free, for personal, non-commercial use. However, you must give credit to Udi Goren and link to udigoren.com.
What good is art if it’s not seen? It is my pleasure and honor to have people enjoy and share my work. However, it takes a lot of time and effort to produce and, at the end, it is also a livelihood. Therefore, I try to create a balance that allows people to enjoy it and be inspired, while allowing me to keep creating this work.
I share my work under a Creative Commons license, under which you can do the following:
- To Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the image
- To Remix: Create Derivative works of the image
Under these conditions:
- Attribution: Attribution to Udi Goren and udigoren.com must be made along with the image.
- Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, please see the sample accepted uses below. In a nutshell, we can say that if you benefit from my picture, I should be compensated for it. I try to be as honest and respectful as I can with other people’s work- please do the same with mine. If you have any doubt- simply ask.
Sample accepted use of the Creative Commons License:
- Personal blog post describing a tour of Israel.
- Online article discussing certain compositional elements in photography.
- A website for a university project about the use of high quality prints for interior design.
- Using an image as a desktop background for your own personal computer.
License to Copyright
“Commercial Use” regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of my images is allowed only if expressly granted by udigoren.com or its representatives. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee. They are based on the following criteria:
- Media – print, web, television, etc.
- Distribution Size – number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
- Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
- Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
All licensing inquiries should be sent to: email@example.com
Sample use requiring a license to copyright:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity.
- A fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity.
- A background image for a website about interior design.
- License to create an individual print for use in a private home.
(thanks to Trey and stuckincustoms.com/licensing for the outlines of this content)